Digital Effects aim is to offer the best web sites at cost effective prices where visitors to your site enjoy an informative, user-friendly and interactive experience.
Whether you are a small business or a large corporate, Digital Effects can help you to achieve an online presence that delivers the very best for you and your clients.
With many new or existing businesses wishing to exploit the incredible potential of the internet, it is important to have a professionally designed and maintained web site.
Digital Effects can help your company maximise the benefits by ensuring that your web site meets every expectation of its visitors. From a simple online brochure spanning a few pages to large scale e-commerce installations, online database integration and active content, we are able to provide an affordable, professional and friendly web site design experience.
Why do I need a web site?
With the Internet becoming one of the fastest growing media markets out there. It makes sense as a business to capture a share of media coverage. Below are some reasons:
- The Internet is the largest media customer group in the World
- Accessibility from around the globe 24 hours 7 days a week
- A cost effective means of advertising per unit
- Ideal for brand reinforcement or showcasing your products
- Great for customer added services
- Suitable for online ordering of goods and services
- Interactive solution for customers
- Content can be instantly updated
- Collecting and displaying of real-time data
- Storage of documentation and information
The keys to a successful web site
Clarity of information
Simple navigation and clear presentation of information can be a decisive factor when a visitor forms an opinion of your site and your business. In short, there is no point in having a site that is too hard to navigate or the content is too boring, trivial or irrelevant to your visitors.
Speed of access and user friendliness
If you ask what annoys a visitor the most while browsing a web site it is often the time it takes to display. That's why at Digital Effects we pride ourselves in a no-nonsense approach and you will find that our priority is not producing web pages laden with time-consuming gimmicks.
With many web sites and online businesses offering similar services on the internet it is often important to stand out from the crowd. Whether it is something as simple as better presentation or even incentives such as online competitions, a lot can be achieved with just a little extra.
Today you often need to do a marketing campaign to make your web site the most effective whether it is something as simple as printing your site address on your business cards to a full blown bill board or radio advertisement. Here at Digital Effects we insist on the minimum of advertising on the leading search engines for effective means of marketing coverage. As 9 out of 10 web sessions begin with a search engine submission.
The 5 steps in developing a web site
1. Strategy - or, more simply what is your web site for? You will need to think about the purpose of your site and the contents within. Once you have an idea you will need to have a face-to-face discussion with you web designer bringing along basic contents so they can answer any questions that may arise and give a basic preliminary assessment of costs. It is also a good plan to make a short list of web sites you like or similar to what you are wanting.
2. Architecture - A flowchart of your site will then be produced by the web designer with a stage to stage development structure and any possible alternative options for your site. A costing contract will be attached which you may change, except or decline.
3. Supply of information - You will need to supply any logos and artwork or photos to be incorporated in to the site and written customised contents. If you want Digital Effects to do some of this for you - please state this in the initial meetings as it will effect the overall outcome of the sites cost.
4. Production process - This is the construction of your site in stages done by the web designer. Usually the look and feel and home page is your first stage followed by other stages set out in the flowchart. Once you are happy with a stage it is then signed off to allow progress on the other stages.
For your peace of mind during our production process, all web sites are made available online via secure means, allowing you to view progress and to give us feedback reports in various stages. This is a similar process to producing proofs of traditional printed media.
5. Launch - The final stage is the launching of your web site after the stages have been completed or on a fixed set date. Submissions to the majority of the major search engines will take place using keywords done by the web designer and discussed with you. Don't forget to tell your customers and everyone you may come in contact with that your site has been launched.
Digital Effects prides ourselves on the professionalism to integrate with our clients. So if you have any last words please do not hesitating to let us know or any minor text changes after the sites launch will be done there and then as an after care support service.
How much will a web site cost?
Depending on the actually site content, size, effects and the manner in which it is supplied. Site's can vary in cost from $600 to $15,000. Most web site's range from $2,000 to $5,000 - This would be a very typically medium sized business.